Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ferrari, a One Prancing Horse Race

image: autocult.com.au How the tables have turned. Just when almost everyone, including Ferrari, were beginning to give up hope on Kimi Raikonnen, he has suddenly now become their shining light again. Luca Badoer's dismal performance at last week's European Grand Prix was something I wish to forget as soon as possible. It was horrifying to say the least. Shameful even. For every lap he took I had to hold my breath and hope he didn't make another silly mistake. Needless to say, he just kept pouring them in. For someone with that long an experience in F1, he made mistakes that even a rookie wouldn't and true enough there was a rookie at that same race. Romain Grosjean of team Renault had what I would still consider a superb race, especially for a rookie. Luca Badoer an the other hand, was all over the place. He was crossing the white line after pit stops, he was spinning his car a few times, hell he was even driving the wrong way at one point. He also had a drive through penalty. But what really took the cake was when he let that very rookie, Romain, pass him as they were leaving the pit garage. What the hell was he thinking?! Was he on a 'Drive Politely, Give Way Course'? Never mind, like Ling said, we'll have to give him time. But I'll say this much. If he comes out with more crap like that tomorrow at the Belgian Grand Priz, I don't think we'll be seeing him again. Damn, I don't think he'll even go back to being a test driver for Ferrari. O.K I'm being hard on the guy but what the hoo. image : cdn.picapp.com O.K. I'm going to make a very bold statement here and remember you read it here first. I think Michael Schumacher might still return. It's either that or they'd have to hire a new driver. Kimi Raikonnen is carrying the entire hopes of both the Ferrari team and the fans on his back alone now. And he's coming back to his element. Fantastic drives in the last couple of races has shown us a glimpse of the old Kimi we all loved. My prediction for tomorrows race? I say either a Lewis Hamilton or a Kimi Raikonnen win. Hey my prediction for last weeks race wasn't that far off the mark right? 2 out of 3 ain't bad, me thinks. I'll probably give a better prediction after the qualifying which starts in about half an hour. But do remember what I said about Michael. Anything can happen.

No comments: