Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ferrari, last?

I just couldn't believe my eyes. Yes it may be just qualifying but still, to think that I can't remember the last time it happened! Yes maybe when a driver crashed out during the qualifying or changed engines and he had to start the race right at the back. No, wait a minute I don't think I've even seen that even. Not a Ferrari. I can just imagine what Felipe Massa must have been feeling, probably watching the race from home. ' Hey! That's my car you're driving!' And how about Michael Schumacher. He was there, (wearing his flip flops, on an F1 circuit?). I'm sure he must have at some point felt like he wanted to yank Luca Badoer out of the car and take over. O.K, fine, the man has not raced competitively for over 10 years. But he is a Ferrari test driver still. It's not like he's been testing go-karts all this time. And to think that the next best car was a full second ahead of him. Now those who know F1 will tell you that 1 second is a life time in Formula 1. I was talking to Ling after the qualifications last night and she has great knowledge of F1. Impressive for someone who only got into F1 in the last couple of years, I must say. She gave some good insides into his defence and I have to say I do somewhat agree with her. She feels it could be a case of nerves on his part. When he's testing, he's normally alone on the track doing just that, testing. So from going from that to actually start being competitive with other drivers again needs some getting use to. Especially after 10 years. And nerves again, she said, because he's now driving in front of a crowd. Also he must be feeling very self conscious as well. ( I told you she's good). So, to some extend, she has very strong points there. Give him time, maybe 2 races, and he'll be into his element. I'm exactly 27 minutes away from the start of the race as I write this. Quite frankly, I can't wait. I wish him the best. Ferrari does not belong at the back of the pack. Oh and by the hoo, here's my prediction. Hamilton 1st, Barrichello 2nd and Vettel 3rd. No, don't take that to the betting shop. It's just a guess. Got to go now. The European Grand Prix 'live' is calling me (through the tele).

No comments: