Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The New Paper journalist Misfires

In The New Paper ( 23 September 2009 ), an article was written by a Sylvia Toh Paik Choo. Read article here
 
In that article she wrote about Lewis Hamilton and his visit to The Paragon last night. She mentioned how differently Lewis behaved compared to last year when , she wrote, "his stop at Ngee Ann City boutique for some clothing line had all the trappings of a little emperor's arrival."  

She also wrote, "he was 'securitised' every step of the way and no one could get close to get a question in, never mind photographs and autographs." I promptly e-mailed her and told her that she had made a mistake. That he wasn't like that at all. I even advised her to seek the clarifications of her colleague, Mr Lim Han Meng, who interviewed me about my meeting with Lewis. Below is what I wrote to her;
  ...................................................................................................................................... Hello Ms Sylvia. I read your article in the New Paper today about Lewis Hamilton and I couldn't help but write in to you. You mentioned how it was almost impossible to meet up with him, to get photographs or autographs even, last year. I have to disagree with you. You may wish to confer with your colleague, Mr Lim Han Ming, who interviewed me about my fiance's and my chance meeting with Mr Hamilton last year. 

It was during the time that everyone was calling him arrogant and snobbish. The funny thing was, and I didn't mention to you colleague, he was walking with only one other person in the dark back alleys towards his hotel when we met him. We did get his autograph and had a photo with him, which by the way, was his suggestion. Both autograph and photo were published in The New Paper on the 6th of October. 


I thank you for reading and I sincerely apologise if I in any way intruded into your time. You can contact me for clarifications at ******** Thank you and God bless. Your humble F1 fan, Dave Khaira.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Below is her reply; 

'Thanks, and good luck!'

................................................................ What a kind reply.  
I need not say more.

No comments: